Bacterial infections meet their match with Macrobid, an antibiotic mediation that is made to fight off and stop the spreading of bacterial infections in the body. For effective relief of bladder infections and UTI’s, buy Generic Macrobid today and experience better health.
Macrobid may also be marketed as: Nitrofurantoin, Macrobid, Macrodantin, Furadantin, Nitro Macro
Macrobid is manufactured by Norwich Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) is an antibiotic mediation that is made to treat and stop the spreading of internal bacterial infections in the body. Macrobid is most often used to treat bladder infections (acute cystitis) and UTI’s (urinary tract infections). Macrobid is only made to treat bacterial infections, and will not heal viral illnesses, including the common cold. Consult your doctor before taking Macrobid for either above mentioned conditions, or alternative uses.
How to take
Take Macrobid orally with food. Macrobid is generally taken twice daily. Contact your doctor for the precise instructions that apply to you.
Do not stop taking this medication without first speaking to your doctor, as suddenly halting treatment may worsen your condition.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Macrobid: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Macrobid and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- shortness of breath, running out of breath easily;
- sudden chest pain or discomfort, wheezing, dry cough or hack;
- fever, chills, body aches, unexplained weight loss;
- peripheral neuropathy – numbness, tingling, or pain in your hands or feet;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- pale skin, easy bruising, confusion or weakness;
- patchy skin color, red spots, or a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- severe headache, ringing in your ears, dizziness, vision problems, pain behind your eyes.
Less serious Macrobid side effects may include:
- upset stomach, vomiting;
- mild diarrhea;
- rust-colored or brownish urine; or
- vaginal itching or discharge.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Always read the ingredients before taking this or any other medication to ensure that there are no elements that may elicit an allergic reaction.
Do take combine Macrobid with magnesium trisilicate-containing antacids.
Contact your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications before adding Macrobid to your treatment plan:
any additional antibiotics, Gout medications, uricosuric drugs (including sulfinpyrazone and probenecid), birth control treatments, rifabutin, rifamycins.
Always inform your doctor of any medications you are taking (including vitamins, herbal supplements, and over the counter medications) before embarking on a new treatment. Additional medications not listen here may interact negatively with your medication.
Do not take more than your recommended dosage. Take missed doses as soon as you remember unless it is nearly time for your next treatment.
Keep Macrobid in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Dispose of any unused medication past the point of expiry. Keep out of reach of children and pets.